Brian & Brandi's Van's RV10 Build

Closing up the left wing


by Brandi Sunday, April 03, 2011

In the past week, Brian and I have finished the aileron actuation assembly and installed the aileron trim in the left wing. The wing looks huge now with the flap and aileron attached.

Yesterday, we started riviting the bottom wing skin. We knew that it would be a tough job but I don't think either of us expected it to take as long as it did to get the first few rivets in. Once we found a pattern & got off the very top row, it started going a little faster. His arms are longer than mine so he got stuck bucking this time.

Making good progress


by Brian Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It’s been awhile since I've added an entry so I wanted to comment that we have been working diligently on the wings to get them done and out of the way of the fuselage that will probably arive in mid February. We let the fuel tank sealant (proseal) dry for a week or two so we could test it for leaks. We didn’t fully close them up by putting on the baffles and I'm glad because one of the tanks had a leak. Brandi is going to fix that while I'm out of town. While we were waiting for the tanks to dry we have been preparing the bottom wing skins for attaching. There are sooo many holes to cleco and drill and debur and re-cleco and dimple and re-cleco. I also got the Gretz mount installed for the pitot tube. Basic wiring kit from Vans was ordered today. We're moving right along!